[Wien] Problem after installation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 31 17:29:03 CET 2008

The problem with permissions is most likely not your working directory or nn.def, but
this one (the $WIENROOT dir)
/usr/share/wienroot/Wien/nn: Permission denied.

ls -als /usr/share/wienroot/Wien/nn  must show "x" permissions.

files -> show all files -> /usr/share/wienroot/Wien/nn/nn.def

The file nn.def should NOT even exist in /usr/share/wienroot/Wien/nn

To make it clear:
You should have a WIENROOT directory  (echo $WIENROOT) and this contains
executables and scripts. They must have "x-permission", otherwise you can't
execute this program. Modifications ("w"-permissions) is NOT enough.

Your "case" should run an a "case" directory. This should NOT be a subdirectory
of $WIENROOT, but somewhere else (your home-dir), and in particular a directory
"nn" directly in $WIENROOT will not work.