[Wien] Problems with W2web

saadi LAMARI s_lamari at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 8 17:57:58 CET 2008

Dear Wien2k Users,

I have recently installed wien2k ( both version 05 and
08 in separate accounts of course ) on a PC running
Mandriva linux 2006.

The installation went without major problems, and I
next  started making tests using the examples of the
userguide to be specific.

The calculations per se went smoothly without any
problems but when I tried to plot the results, for
example bandstructure or total energy vs Vol, nothing
comes out (just a tiny square without anything in it
).

May I just add, if it helps, that the system did not
originally have gnuplot and I had to install it
myself. I also checked if the system reads properly
the png and jpg formats and found that it does.

So where could the problem be? Which files or
directories should I look at?

Waiting impatiently for suggestions.
With kindest regards,
Saadi