[Wien] Optimal k-point

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Tue Mar 18 08:28:06 CET 2008

Dear Taiiebeh,

As I already mentioned to you your dispersion will be only in one
direction. So you simply have to increase the number of k-point in one
direction.
The method is then quite trivial, increase the number of k-points
progressively, plot the total energy as a function of k-points and then
you will be able to choose the number of k-points allowing to have a
converged total energy.

Just a last remark, if the lattice parameter along the CNT direction is
very small (let say 3 angströms) it will correspond to a very big
reciprocal lattice vector and as a consequence you will need many
k-points in this direction to have a converged result.

So just try and see

Regards

Xavier