[Wien] How to connect to supercomputer from linux

Donghui Guo dhguo at cat.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Nov 27 03:15:46 CET 2008

Dear all,

I complied WIen2k on supercomputer.
Now I can run WIen2k by w2web from my windows system, by using xwindows interface from the website of our computer center.
I hope I can run the program from linux (openSUSE 10.3). Following is done on linux:
First I used ssh function connect to the supercomputer and started w2web by term, but I cannot connect the host "http://hop00:7890", which ran well by means of xwindow, by web-browser (firefox) on linux. It showed "firefox can't find the server at www.hop00.com". I would like to note that the address is changed by firefox from "http://hop00:7890" to "http://www.hop00.com:7890", automatically. I think it just because firefox cannot find http://hop00:7890.

Meanwhile, I have change the ./conf/w2web.conf file to allow my ip address.

Any suggestion is strongly welcomed.

Best regards,
Yours,
Donghui Guo