[Wien] How one can know the high-symmetry point in the Brillouin zone

Lo_wan_2005LDA+DMFT lo_wan_2005 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:10:43 CEST 2008

Dear all

I am asking a very simple question.

How one can know the high-symmetry point in the Brillouin zone? If there is literature or software to determine the points of high-symmetry points for any lattice structure?

For example, for the LaOFeAs, the Space group is P4/nmm. People plot the band-structure along the line of M-A-Gamma-X-M-Gamma-Z-R-A-Z.
We know Gamma is (0,0,0). But how we know the position of other points? In PRL100-237003, Singh and Du list these positions, I am wondering how we can determine these positions?

And if one consider the checkerboard-antiferromagnetic structure or striped-AFM structure, the primitive translations will change, as a result the Brillouin zone also change. In that case, how one can get the positions of the high-symmetry points?

Thanks!

XW