[Wien] K resolved DOS?

Coriolan TIUSAN coriolan.tiusan at lpm.u-nancy.fr
Fri Sep 19 14:01:31 CEST 2008

Thanks for the help.
I would only like to ask for the procedure to follow if I would like to
have the partial DOS resolved in kx, ky.
 From a hystogram after the case.energy file after lapw1 I only get the
total k projected DOS.

With many thanks,
Coriolan Tiusan

Peter Blaha a écrit :
> There's no tool in WIEN2k which can do this.
>
> However, this is basically a 1D integral and you can do it yourself.
>
> Just select a set of k-points with a given kx,ky, but varying kz and
> use eg. the case.energy file (after lapw1) to get the energies
> for all bands at these k-points and integrate this yourself.
> (eventually, a simple histogramm method with small broadening) will do it.
>
> Coriolan TIUSAN schrieb:
>
>> I am strongly interested in k resolved DOS
>> calculation (i.e. Density of States as a function of kx and ky),
>> integrating only alonk kz.
>> The standard options of the code seem to give access to the total DOS
>> (full integration in k).
>>
>> Could you provide my some help within this topics, in which way I should
>> proceed using the wien2k code to have access to the k resolved DOS?
>>
>> With many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Coriolan Tiusan

      __/     __  /    |   |     Dr. TIUSAN Coriolan-Viorel
     /       /   /   / | / |          e-mail: tiusan at lpm.u-nancy.fr
   /____   /       /  _/   |             tel.: +33 (3) 83 68 48 18
 ______/  /      _/       _|             fax.: +33 (3) 83 68 48 01
                                         cel: + 33 (6) 75 55 49 63
                  web: http://www.lpm.u-nancy.fr/webperso/tiusan.c

LABORATOIRE DE PHYSIQUE DES MATERIAUX - UMR CNRS 7556
Université Henri Poincaré - Nancy 1, Faculté des Sciences
Boulevard des Aiguillettes B.P. 239
F-54506 VANDOEUVRE LES NANCY Cedex FRANCE