[Wien] How can I run the job on the background?

Tomohiko Tasaka tasaka at affinity-science.com
Fri Jul 10 08:51:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

Sorry, I don't remember the details and just now I don't have
the environment to reproduce the problem I met before.

The problem is that second parallel job was not executed,
when with the following conditions.

- use remote shell ( rsh/ssh ) to invoke the another machine's executables.
- multiple execute wien2k parallel jobs with script file

At that time, I didn't investigate the reason and used a batch scheduler
(i.e. lsf) to avoid the problem.

So I think you don't have to be concerned it if your parallel job works well;-)

Best regards,
Tomo

p.s.
I think batch queueing interface is obsolete, but I don't dislike it.