[Wien] Checking L,M Basis for new Local Rotation Matrix

David Tompsett dat36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 10:11:46 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I have changed the local rotation matrix for an atom in my system from
the default found by program SYMMETRY. I have determined what I think
the new L,M basis should be according to the prescription in reference
Kara and Kurki-Suonio 81.

In the UG it says "Perform a run of LAPW1 and LAPW2 using the
GAMMA-point only (or a complete star of
another k point). In such a case, “wrong“ LM combinations must vanish."
I want to check my new basis by this method. In what sense would the
wrong LM vanish? Which output file would I look at?

Thank you for any help,
David.

--
David A. Tompsett