[Wien] MBJLDA potential

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 9 07:18:22 CEST 2009

The mBJ potential will not be released in the next version. It is not
yet in a state where it can be used by a general user.

PS: This potential is a "local" potential (not orbital dependent), so it
is applied to all electrons and in all space (MT and interstital). It
does its job similar to LDA+U, but works also very well for normal
semiconductors.
Combining it with LDA+U is meaningless.

Unfortunately, there's no related  "energy" !

Yurko Natanzon schrieb:
> Dear Prof. Blaha,
> Could you please inform, if the public availability of MJBLDApotential (as described in F. Tran &
P. Blaha, PRL 102, 226401) inWien2k is planned?As far as I understood,
this potential is applied to
both MT-spheresand the interstitial region, as it is orbital
independent. Will it bealso possible
to use orbital dependent funtionals (e.g. LDA+U, EECE)in combination
with MJBLDA?