[Wien] core2quad processor

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu Jun 18 14:08:49 CEST 2009

> I recently installed wien2k_09 on my PC having core 2 quad 2.83 GHz cpu. The
> program is using only 25%cpu. Any suggestion to increase the usage of cpu.
> Should I use parallel configuration to use all four cpu.

Obviously yes. Provide a .machines file with four identical entries, and
use the -p switch (see usersguide). Benchmark performance for 1, 2, 3
and 4 cores: depending on your internal bandwidth, there might not be
much gain in going from 3 to 4 cores.

Stefaan