[Wien] optical conductivity or electronic conductivity?

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:56:29 CET 2009

Dear wien2k users,

         By calculating  dielectric tensor we can calculate electronic
conductivity. I have calculated dielectric tensor and from which I have also
deduced electronic conductivity sigma by following the relation:

     Im.epsilon=sigma/omega

where sigma=electronic conductivity
and omega=angular frequency of the EM wave (energy*2pi/h)

Now In file case.absorpup (or dn) we can find the data for optical
conductivity in unit 1/(ohm.cm). But when I plot optical and electronic
conductivity separately I have found they are exactly the same. Then my
question is

Q: whether we find optical or electronic conductivity in the file
case.absorpup?

P.S. optical and electronic conductivity are not the same thing!...glass is
electronically insulating but optically conducting (transparent) material.