[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Spin orbit coupling of Atom with many nonequivalent positions

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Mon Feb 1 09:48:58 CET 2010

Hi Stefaan,
Thanks for your reply.
I did it for all allotropes for uranium (with lo+apw for all orbitals)
Keeping Emax as 2.50 (as per your suggestions in the book you have posted in
Wien2k website)
I got the following values.
Alpha-uranium
ENE wo spin orbit: -112331.927 Ry
ENE with spin orbit: -112332.767 Ry (with 1470 k-points)

Gamma-U
ENE wo spin orbit: -56165.956 Ry
ENE with spin orbit: -56166.379 Ry (816 k-points)

If Emax is changed to 5.0 for example (I ask this question from the mail on
hcp Tb; the case.in1 had 5.0 as Emax), then should it really be done (for my
case?).
I thought ( with my limited experience in Wien2k; I may be wrong ) that
number of k-points should be increased for a more accurate ENE value.
Anyway, after sufficient number of k-points ENE will not increase that much.

Why at all Emax has to be changed and when?
Suddhasattwa