[Wien] XCrysDen in w2web?

Jian-Xin Zhu jxzhu at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 8 23:05:13 CET 2010

Dear Prof. Blaha and Wien2k users,

I have a problem using XCrysDen in w2web remotely.

 From local host, I use the web-browser to connect to w2web in the
remote machine, by
safari  http://hostname_where_w2web_runs:7890
and open a session successfully.

However, when I click "view structure" on the left panel, the Xcrysden
utility is started on the screen
of the remote host instead of on my local machine.

One way I can think of: ssh to the remote host and start up xcrysden
separately and open the structure file.
However, is there any other way (I mean within w2web) to have xcrysden
display the picture on the local
machine?  Both of my machines (local and remote) are the Mac OSX
systems.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Jianxin