[Wien] Interstitial N-N pair in GaP supercell

Kakhaber Jandieri Kakhaber.Jandieri at physik.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jul 4 16:04:17 CEST 2010

Dear Swati,

Thank you for advice, but I still want to clarify some questions:

"first of all I think you can't replace one atom by a pair of atoms".

My final goal is to obtain the relaxed atom positions in GaP supercell
where one of the P atoms is replaced by the interstitial pair of
Nitrogen-Nitrogen atoms.
To say truth, I am not sure in correctness of my approach but I did the
following:
Step1 - Using the program "supercell" I generated 2x2x2 supercell for
GaP containing 64 atoms
Step2 -  I construct a new supercell with 64  inequivalent atoms using
the positions obtained in Step1
Step3 -  I split one P atom in 2 atoms
Step4 -  I changed the atoms obtained in Step3 from P to N
Step5 -  I ran "x sgroup". It converted my "p" supercell with 65
inequivalent atoms into the "111_p-42m" supercell with 16 inequivalent atoms
Step6 - I ran the program "mini".

Could you advice me the correct way for constructing the supercell with
interstitial pair of  N-N atoms in  GaP matrix?

"Set 5% less RMT for all types of atoms instead of reduction of RMT of N
only and run mini"

In interstitial N-N pair the interatomic distance between N atoms might be significantly smaller then the distance between Ga and P atoms.

If instead of 2.0 I take 5% less RMT, then how cam I prevent the overlapping of spheres between the N atoms in the interstitial pair?

Beforehand thankfull,
Kakha