[Wien] Interstitial N-N pair in GaP supercell

E.A.Moore e.a.moore at open.ac.uk
Sun Jul 4 21:38:50 CEST 2010

If you want to study a pair of interstitial N atoms, you must add two N atoms, not replace P. Or if you are replacing P by two interstitial N atoms, you remove one P and add two N at new positions.
Interstitial means the atoms are not on lattice sites.
If the reduced cell has 16 inequivalent atoms, it sounds as  though you have 64 not 65 atoms, so possibly you have just replaced P by N on four sites.

Are you trying to add an interstitial N2 molecule? If not why do you need two N atoms?

Elaine A. Moore