[Wien] FW: Error in lapw_mini

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Tue Jul 13 04:58:03 CEST 2010

Dear Xavier,

Thank for the reply and your kind suggestions.

I guess my querie has been completely misunderstood. I know why there is a
core electron leakage when we reduce RMT. But this querie is based on the
problem I face during the course of structure minimization. I have done
quite a few of mini_lapw and have never come across this problem of
overlapping spheres.

Since the system I work on is a f-element system and we have to input RMT as
per the literature reasons (obviously due to core electron leakage).

All my systems have the same RMT for this element and reducing the RMT is
not the solution anyway.

But the problem arise during the lapw_mini and not during a normal SCF
calculation.

However, it seems that the mailing list is not keen to answer this question,
so I take back my question. If the mailing list is only for experts and
expert opinion(insulting sometimes), then I am not suited anyway to the
mailing list.

Thank you

  _____