[Wien] My second day with wien2k

Markus Kaukonen markus.kaukonen at iki.fi
Mon Jun 7 12:03:21 CEST 2010

Dear Wien2K,

I apologize, one should read the manual before commenting (so the test
cases are indeed there in the manual).

Usually the manuals start with installation instructions and proceed
to test cases, I guess that is a matter of taste.

Some additional questions (day2):
1) Where are the test cases? (manual, Chapter 10)
    TiC
    Fccni
    TiO2
 I cannot find them in http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user
neither in my installation directory.
However, I can see the directory WIEN2k_09/example_struct_files with examples.

2) Getting error 'Error - Bad Header' when trying to run test case
Fccni after pressing
    'Start SCF cycle' in w2web
    Found 3 times this same question in the mailing list search, but
unfortunately no answer.
    Additionally, the server is extremely slow for mail searches
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/mailing_list/
    :results take minutes if they ever come.

Neither could I find these in FAQ.

Just a comment: Documentation should be written by permanent stuff who
can offer a couple of weeks of their time without immanent threat of
being kicked out.

Terveisin, Markus

--
--www=http://www.iki.fi/markus.kaukonen
--Markus.Kaukonen at iki.fi
--office: N102 Nano building FIN-02015 TKK
--home: Viinirinne 3 F 12, 02630 Espoo, FIN
--tel: h 045-1242068, w 4518694, 050-5112785
--Rikos ei kannata, eika maatalous
--Suomessa. (Paimio 1998) ---