[Wien] TELNES.2

msoumeli at physics.auth.gr msoumeli at physics.auth.gr
Mon Jun 7 14:47:52 CEST 2010

Dear Wien2k users,

I would like to ask some questions about the TELNES.2 program.

If an experimental spectrum contains more than one edges from
different atoms (N-k, In M45, O-k), can it be compared to simulated
eels spectra from one edge (N-k)?
Or there is "interaction" that will lead to errors?

Is there a way of combining information from simulation in order to
attain an entire experimental spectrum that contains information from
different atoms? (maybe adding the different edges)
In a paper I read about TELNES.2 it says that the elnes spectra are
valid only for an area of about 40eV above fermi.

Can simulated spectra be used as reference spectra or because of their
different intensities it is invalid?

Thank you in advance,

Maria Soumelidou