[Wien] New exchange-correlation potential

F. Tran tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 9 23:54:00 CEST 2010

Hello,

In order to use the modified Becke-Johnson exchange potential
you have to choose indxc=28 in case.in0 and indxc=50 in case.in0_grr.

A few more things:

In case.in0 you also need to replace NR2V by R2V such that the
exchange-correlation potential is written in case.r2v, which will
be used in the next iteration.

You need case.inm_vresp such that case.vrespsum (which contains a
part of the kinetic-energy density) is created.

There is no adjustable parameters.

The LDA correlation potential is added to the MBJ exchange potential.

The LDA exchange-correlation functional is used for the energy.

The MBJ exchange potential is not the derivative of an energy functional,
which means that the method is not variational (i.e., the orbitals are
not the ones which minimize the total energy, which is LDA).
In particular, it means that you can not use forces to optimize internal
parameters.