[Wien] New exchange-correlation potential

Ricardo Faccio rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
Thu Jun 10 00:02:49 CEST 2010

Dear F. Tran
What about the use of total energy for: Volume cell optimization and/or for
evaluation of a particular magnetic arrangement ? Can it be used for
comparative purposes? or the procedure indicates that we need to optimize
everything first (forces and volume) for a particular "variational"
xc-potentinal (eg. PBE, etc) and then proceed with MBJ by doing a single
point?
Best regards
Ricardo
  Dr. Ricardo Faccio
  Prof. Adjunto de Física
  Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
  Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
       Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
       C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
  E-mail: rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
  Phone: 598 2 924 98 59