[Wien] silicon structure

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Mon Jun 14 13:11:29 CEST 2010

why are you giving two atoms for the basis of Si ?
Set up 2 (see Peters remark) of spacegroup 229 should have only one on Wyckoff position 8a.

did you recognize something from youre RMT sizes ?

I usually use this example for my students to check if they know about crystal structures and
to find out how they turn semiconductors into metals

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University