[Wien] silicon structure

Jedo jedokim at umich.edu
Mon Jun 14 13:46:17 CEST 2010

Hi there,

You mean Wyckoff position 8a as (0, 0, 0) right?  I tried that before,
but the structure I see using Xcrysden was even more wrong. If I do
that, the file looks like

Space group 227_Fd-3m

a = 5.43 b = 5.43 c = 5.43
90 90 90

Atom 1 Si z = 14 RMT 1.8
           pos 1 x = 0.0 0.0 0.0
           pos 2 x = 0.0 0.25 0.25
           pos 3 x = 0.0 0.25 0.25
           pos 4 x = 0.0 0.25 0.25

It is a big change for me to work with space groups from lattice vectors.

For RMT sizes, I could not increase them because of the error I get from
the first step (x nn). I'm thinking that I am getting these errors
because my structure is not correct. Also, even though I increase them,
when I hit "set automatically RMT" it reduces it back to 1.8.

Email: jedokim at umich.edu, jdzbox at hotmail.com