[Wien] FW: Internal Coordinates minimization for Monoclinic

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Mon Jun 28 10:55:23 CEST 2010

Dear Prof.Blaha,
Extending the discussion on internal coordinates minimization and structure
optimization, I have a tetragonal body centered lattice with 58 atoms per
unit cell and 8 inequivalent atoms.
We can use suitable options in the optimization (c/a). Since, the number of
atoms are large enough, can we go in for min_lapw with similar arguments you
mention for monoclinic lattice.
I ask this question as my total run time for SCF (-ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001
-in1ef) on 32 cpu's is more than 7 days.
So, is it advisable to do only min_lapw

I am not asking for any shortcuts, Dear users,

Suddhasattwa Ghosh