[Wien] Magnetocrystalline anisotropy energy

Bin Shao binshao1118 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:21:36 CEST 2010

Dear Pavel,

Thank you for your reply!

You are definitely right. In general cases, the expression of the total
energy should be modified. But in a uniaxial system, especially in cubic
case, the torque method is correct and we can get the MAE from the
expectation value of the derviative of the spin-orbit coupling Hamiltonian
at the angle of 45. The author has calculated the magnetostriction in Fe-Ga
alloy with variation of the c/c0 value in J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 15 S587.
However, it's difficult for me to implement the torque method in Wien2K,
since I am not familar with Fortran language. Would you like to tell me how
to do the implement? for example, which part of the code do you need to
change?

On the other hand, How many k-points do you need to get a precise using the
' force theorem' for fe monolayer?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Email: binshao1118 at gmail.com