[Wien] increase NGAU

Lisa.Siggelkow at lrz.tu-muenchen.de Lisa.Siggelkow at lrz.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Apr 3 11:50:37 CEST 2011

Dear Wien2k users,

i am using Wien2k_10.1 and at the moment i am performing calculations
concerning Bader's AIM. As i have the impression, that the charge density
calculated could be "better", i increased the default LM-list up to
LMMAX=8. I obtain an error message:

Error in LAPW1
 'ATPAR' - more than NGAU gaunts
 'ATPAR' -   NGAU,   L0,   LP,   LL,    M,   MP,   MM
 'ATPAR' -   2350,    4,    4,    4,   -1,    3,   -4,

telling me to increase NGAU in param.inc and to recompile afterwards. My
problem is now, that i do not know to which value i should increase NGAU?
Could you instruct me how to calculate this? And where do i find the value
of 'ATPAR'?
I would appreciate any help on this topic,

thanks a lot,

Lisa Siggelkow

Department Chemie
TU München