[Wien] Wien 2K latest version runtime error

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:26:54 CEST 2011

In neither case have you provided us with sufficient information, so
all we can do is guess. Several steps to take:

a) Do "ldd $WIENROOT/lapw0" and check if the code is linked to the
11.1 ifort libraries and not others
b) Compile with the Intel static flag turned on (-i-static). I
recommend always using this as it avoids many potential issues with
incompatible libraries.
c) Add -traceback to your compilation options. I recommend always using this.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:45 AM, David Sedmidubsky
<David.Sedmidubsky at vscht.cz> wrote:
> Dear W2K users,
> I encountered the same problem as  William-Fernando with Linux SUSE 11.3.
> I had SUSE 11.1 and Wien2k 10.1 compiled using IFC 11.1 and MKL 10.2. I that
> case everything worked fine, however, after having upgraded to SUSE 11.3 I
> got the same error message (same dynamic library) when running LAPW1.
> Recompilation did not fix the problem. Can anyone help?
> Best regards
> David Sedmidubsky
>

> On Thursday 14 April 2011 04:59:10 William Oquendo wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have been trying to use WIEN2k_10.1, but I have a runtime problem. I am
>> using Fedora 12, with the latest Intel MKL and compiler for that system. I
>> have successfully compiled Wien2k with the intel compilers and libraries,
>> and the compilation ended without problems. But, when I tried to run a very
>> simple example, I got the following runtime error:
>> LAPW0 END
>> forrtl: severe (168): Program Exception - illegal instruction
>> Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
>> libmkl_vml_avx.so  00002B1A6C059F13  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
>> >   stop error
>> Could you please help me to understand and fix this? any help/orientation
>> is highly appreciated. Do I need to recompile the sources with a special
>> and additional flag?
>> Best regards / Cordialmente,

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought
Albert Szent-Gyorgi