[Wien] Stoner Parameter from calculation done by wien2k

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:08:28 CEST 2011

Dear wien2k users,

         Whether a system favors magnetism or not, can be decided by
comparing the total energy of the unit cell for nonmagnetic and spin
polarize calculation. But if we do a nonmagnetic calculation of a system
which actually favors magnetism and then see the DOS at Fermi energy for
that system then also from stoner criteria we can conclude whether the
system favors magnetism or not. Our problem is not to find whether a system
will favor magnetism or not rather we want to extract Stoner Parameter (I)
from our calculation. It will be helpful for us for different reasons. Now
our query is

Is it possible to find Stoner Parameter from calculation done by
wien2k?....If yes then how?

Any response in this regard will be very helpful for us.

with regards,

--
Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Scholar