[Wien] error showing : libmkl_intel_lp64.so: cannot open shared object file

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat Jul 16 10:37:45 CEST 2011

You need to look at the transition from filled (last number 1 for spin
polarized, 2 if not) to empty; both bands you showed are full. Look at
higher energies.

Hunch, it has oxygen vacancies and these will not show that well in the XRD
intensities. Check the stoichiometry by hand, and also look at the bond
valence sums. The later are given roughly in case.outputnn or you can use
KDIST (not a Wien2k code, but free to download, google it).

Almost certainly it is something like this, or something worse such as you
have the metal composition wrong and impurities, perhaps even
antiferromagnetic ordering. Wrong models often converge badly.