[Wien] Magnetic properties or 5d metals

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 3 15:06:48 CEST 2011

If it gives a small U for a 5d system, it gives the expected result.

The method is reliable if   a)  most of the considered electrons (5d) are localized
within the atomic sphere and b) is only reliable when "LDA+U is appicable, that means
if "atomic physics" dominates and states are localized similar as in an atom.

Spin-orbit ??