[Wien] difference in forces from mini and scf calculations

Md. Fhokrul Islam fislam at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:11:21 CEST 2011

Hi Marks,

      Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my question little bit more.

1) I have optimized the slab using mini.

2) I have took this optimized case.struct file from mini calculation, initialized
    a job for wein2k and run scf calculation.

But when I check the force on the same atom here is what I get.

case-1: From mini calculation:
grep :FGL073 *mini|tail -1
:FGL073:  73.ATOM                 0.233000000     0.045500000     4.378500000 total forces

case-2: From scf calculation:
grep :FGL073 *scf | tail -1
:FGL073:  73.ATOM                -1.725500000    -0.171500000  -301.077000000 partial forces

My question is why there is difference in force even though in both cases I am using the same
structure. In the 2nd case, I have slightly larger RMT and k points. Is it the reason for this
difference or I am comparing totally different things.

Thanks,
Fhokrul