[Wien] Normalization of the XAS spectra

Lily Anh lily_physics at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Mar 4 14:01:32 CET 2011

Dear all,

I asked the same question before which remained unsolved so far. Does anybody know the normalization scheme of the X-ray absorption spectra?

I carried out XAS for very similar structures (same lattice constant, same atomic positions, only substitute several atoms) with same input parameters. I would like to check the spectral changes (like peak intensity) due to this substitution. However, I found the integration values of the spectra differ a little (in the 10-4 level) and hence the comparison of the peak  intensity is unreasonable. Or should we say 10-4 is so small that we could ignore.

Many Thanks!

Lily
PhD candidate
Nanyang Technological Univerisity