[Wien] error In source file qmix7.F

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat May 28 18:03:40 CEST 2011

Doing a search on "PGFIO-F-219" this looks like it is a standard
problem which in some cases occurs with some compilers and/or broken
systems, see links below.

http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~sjlee/grads/ex1/a.f90
https://listserv.fysik.dtu.dk/pipermail/campos/2003-June/000569.html

You will need to provide much more information:
What compiler (version number, not just type)
What OS
What File system (32 or 64 bit)
What version of WIen2k (the latest one does not do any I/O on line 258
What version of gcc and g++ (needed as this matters for I/O).

Maybe someone can trace this then (but perhaps not).

2011/5/28 mouhamed mahdi <mouh2009 at gmail.com>:
> Dear Prof. Perer Blaha,
>
> thank you for your help ; i 'v the same problem
>>Do you have enough disk space ?
>       yes
>
>>Otherwise:
>
>>   rm *.broy*
>>   x mixer
>>   cat case.scfm >> case.scf
>>   runsp ....
> i v done all what you ask me but it remains the same error:
>
> stop error
>

> In source file qmix7.F, at line number 258
> File name = Fe3ML-Ag3ML.broyd2009    unformatted, sequential access
> record = 1
> PGFIO-F-219/unformatted read/unit=32/attempt to read/write past end of
> record.
>

> CORE  END
> CORE  END
> LAPW2 END
> LAPW2 END
> LAPW1 END
> LAPW1 END
> LAPW0 END
> in cycle 17    ETEST: .000215000000000   CTEST: .00358471
>
> PLEASE what can I do to this error ; and i m ready for any questions

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought
Albert Szent-Gyorgi