[Wien] errors during instalation.

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Nov 8 02:21:12 CET 2011

The latest version of ifort (Composer XE 2011 Update 7) will likely not
compile Wien2k correctly.  Try Composer XE 2011 Update 3
(composerxe-2011.3.174), it seems stable for Wien2k.

The lapw0 error is probably because you need to change the compiler
optimization flag to -O1.  By default, it might be -O3, which has been
known to break code loops using ifort 12.

In the directory of Wien2k files, try the following command to rerun the
installation in the terminal: ./siteconfig_lapw

Alternatively, you can type: ./siteconfig
- Selecting the O option should take you where you can check or set the
compiler flag to -O1.

Also, try searching the mailing list archive
(http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/index.html) for similar discussions.

Hope this helps.