[Wien] Missing data in DOS plot & data file

J. K. Balamurugan albertbalagan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:09:24 CET 2011

Dear Prof. Blaha,

I am sorry that still I am with the same problem.

I do not find any "****" in the qtl file. I also tried with the qtl program
to generate case.qtlup/dn. I could not get rid of the problem of missing
data points.

Additionally, I tried with calculating the same for another similar
compound. The same problem came with little difference/improvement came up:
the DOS for spin up electrons are fine but for spin down electrons the data
are missing in the data file while the picture showed no problem! I tried
change the energy range of my calculation; I tried in the number of partial
DOS (of different atoms) in the DOS calculation. Every time I did, "NaN"
comes in the energy range 1.97692  to  2.30346 eV for the spin down
electrons - even though the plot is free from this problem (please see the
attached picture). Note that this time the data are missing above the Fermi
level.

I tried many repetition and approaches and now I am tired! Was this could
be the problem with the memory usage since we in our group three scholars
calculate using the same machine simultaneously?

With regards
K. Balamurugan
Pittsburgh, USA