[Wien] A general question about Spin Polarized calculation/materials

Qiwen YAO Yao.Qiwen at nims.go.jp
Fri Oct 7 17:26:16 CEST 2011

Dear Gerhard,
Thank you for your reply and your help.
Can I ask you one more question in this regard so to get a clearer understanding in this:

Say I have done calculation to one ABO3 structure and the Spin polarized result was that it was Spin Up in 5 states/eV/f.u. and 0 states in spin down, and then I have done an another calculation to a totally different and non related structure A'B'2, for example, and I obtained the Spin Polarized result as 0 in spin up state and 5 states/eV/f.u. spin down (note: Wien2k result for the 2nd compound is spin down polarized).

So between ABO3 and A'B'2, can I say that these two different compounds is always spin polarized in opposite way but with the same magnitude of DOS? And if I am to be able to have a machine to measure their polarization and I always obtain opposite results - one is negative and the other is positive but with the same magnitude? Or if it is meaningless to compare the spin polarization of these two compounds?

Thank you,
Wen