[Wien] Need advice for modeling the band gap in a charge transfer insulator

Shamik Chakrabarti shamikiitkgp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 05:32:56 CEST 2011

Dear Prof. Peter Blaha Sir,

     The material is ferrimagnetic and we have include that magnetic
ordering by properly editing case.inst file. Yes we have not tried mbj
potential and that may be an alternative. Our calculation is going on a
system having 56 atoms/supercell and it generally take around 80 iterations
to converge for GGA+U (ferrimagnetic) calculation. In this regard do you
think that mbj potential can be a better alternative for our ferrimagnetic
insulating system?

Looking forward to your response.

with best regards,