[Wien] Ploting DOS

Dr Qiwen YAO Yao.Qiwen at nims.go.jp
Thu Sep 15 08:04:08 CEST 2011

Dear WIEN users,
I am now come to a situation:

In my spin polarized calculation, the supercell has 13 atoms, and the calculation does converge nicely.

Here are the atoms for the DOS plot choices from the case.int file:

 ATOM  Sr1: 1  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  Sr2: 2  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  Nd1: 3  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  Co1: 4  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  Co2: 5  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  Co3: 6  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  O: 7  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  O: 8  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM  O: 9  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM O: 10  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM O: 11  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM O: 12  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f
 ATOM O: 13  tot,s,p,PX,PY,PZ,d,DZ2,DX2Y2,DXY,DXZ,DYZ,f

The issue is: I want to consider the overall spin polarized effect from each kind of the atoms instead of each one of the atom - for example, for the Co atoms,  I want to plot all three of the Co atoms overall DOS together for analysis, and the overall effects from 7 of the O atoms in this case  - is there a way I can do this? I know how to plot each of the atom's DOS but that is not what I ultimately wanted.

Any suggestion or comment will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Qiwen

Dr QiWen YAO

JSPS Fellow
Multifunctional Materials Group
Optical and Electronic Materials Unit
Environment and Energy Materials Research Division

National Institute for Materials Science

1-2-1 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0047, Japan
Phone: +81-29-851-3354, ext. no. 6482, Fax: +81-29-859-2501