[Wien] (no subject)

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Apr 18 17:19:36 CEST 2012

Have you got any interesting experimental data to compare your
calculations and then have a better idea of the U value?
The U value is not only dependent of the element and orbital, but also
on the dimensionality and interactions (covalency) of the compound.
I would then say that the choice of the U value is always matter of
experience. You can also have a look at the note of G. Madsen and P.
Novak, which is on the WIEN2K website:

http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/

- Notes about constraint LDA calculations to determine U (pdf)

Regards

Xavier