[Wien] Seg Fault during Bandstructure Calculation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Apr 27 05:37:46 CEST 2012

I got to checking my linux system and -c (lowercase) in the compile.msg
is normal. Sorry about that.

Lion (Mac OS 10.7) is supported by the latest Update 10 release of
Fortran Composer XE 2011 for Mac OS X.  Until you update, your on your
own because quoting Intel:

"Compilers versions 11.1 and older are known to NOT work under Lion, and
these older compilers will not be updated to work for Lion."
-http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compiler-support-for-mac-os-x-107-and-xcode-41/

Also, you have to use the following compiler options for debugging on Lion:

-g -save-temps -fpic -Wl,-no_pie

described at

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-the-idb-debugger-under-mac-os-x-107-lion/