[Wien] MPI parallel execution take much time than nonparallel on the same case on the multiprosesor single machine

hassan jamnejad hassan.jamnejad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:08:19 CEST 2012

Dear WIEN users,

My system has 4cores  and I use open MPI 1.2.8-17.4. In addition, I try to
use all processors of a single machine. And I think there must be
differences between non-MPI usage of a single processor in a quad system
and MPI usage of all processor in the same machine.

Also is there any way to use all processors of a machine in a non-MPI run?
And is it sufficient to use three quad core to see the difference between
two run (MPI and non-MPI on the same case)?
Thanks.