[Wien] Problems with mpi for Wien12.1

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Wed Aug 29 05:02:58 CEST 2012

I compiled fftw3 using the Intel suite as well.  The appropriate line from config.log reads

./configure CC=icc F77=ifort MPICC=mpiicc --prefix=/opt/local --enable-mpi --enable-threads --prefix=/opt/local/fftw3

I note that the configuration file only calls for a mpicc compiler (and I used the Intel compiler) and not a fortran compiler.   The compiled code (mpi-bench does work fine with the Intel mpirun).

After commenting out the call W2kinit subroutine and recompiling lapw0 (via the siteconfig script), I attempted to run run_lapw in both serial and parallel forms as you can see below.  The serial form worked fine

Paul

matstud at ursa:~/WienDisk/Fons/GaAs> run_lapw
 LAPW0 END
 LAPW1 END
 LAPW2 END
 CORE  END
 MIXER END
ec cc and fc_conv 1 1 1

>   stop

matstud at ursa:~/WienDisk/Fons/GaAs> run_lapw -p
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Laurence Marks wrote:

> One suggestion: comment out the line towards the top of lapw0.F
>
>      call W2kinit
>
> You should get a more human readable error message.
>
> As an addendum, was fftw3 compiled with mpiifort? I assume from your email that it was, just checking.
>
> N.B., there is a small chance that this will hang your computer.

Dr. Paul Fons
Senior Research Scientist
Functional Nano-phase-change Research Team
Nanoelectronics Research Institute
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
METI

AIST Central 4, Higashi 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Ibaraki JAPAN 305-8568

tel. +81-298-61-5636
fax. +81-298-61-2939

email: paul-fons at aist.go.jp

The following lines are in a Japanese font

〒305-8562 茨城県つくば市つくば中央東 1-1-1
産業技術総合研究所
ナノエレクトロニクス研究部門
相変化新規機能デバイス研究チーム