[Wien] Problems with mpi for Wien12.1

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 29 05:34:34 CEST 2012

Hmmm. I was hoping for something human readable like a traceback showing
where it died. Please check both the lapw0.error files and case.dayfile to
see if they gave anything useful. Also, what are the last few lines of
case.output0000?

You may get somewhere by running the mpirun command by hand, I have seen
this help. If you understand csh then you want to add an echo $tt at the
relevant location in lapw0para.

If not you can change the first line of lapw1para to "-xf" rather than just
"-f". Then do x lapw0 -p again. You will get a hundred or so lines of
output one of which towards the end will be something like

"mpirun -np 12 ..."

Then paste this line by itself in a terminal. Maybe then something human
readable will emerge.

Unfortunately debugging mpi is not trivial, and a SIGSEV can also be non
trivial as the error may not appear at the right place, making life more
fun.

Do you gave totalview or a similar mpi debugger available? You can get a
demo version of totalview free for I believe 30 days.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu 1-847-491-3996
else has thought"