[Wien] Some interesting observation with "runsp_lapw -so -orb"on Mac OSX

Zhu, Jianxin jxzhu at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 25 18:51:31 CET 2012

Peter, Gavin, Laurence, and Gerhard,

With the input from both of you, and with a little try and error, I
believe the key problem lies with the location of "CLOSE (1)" statement in
lapwso on Mac OSX platform. When I moved this statement "CLOSE (1)" to the
end of the lapwso.f, something like ---

      CLOSE(1)
      CALL ERRCLR(ERRFN)
      STOP 'LAPWSO END'
      END

the problem disappears (but still mysteriously!).

Attached please find the slightly changed lapwso.f (together with init.f).
Here I have moved the iorbpot condition block above "DO 10" (thanks to
Gavin). The INQUIRE statements I put in for try and error have also been
removed.

It would be great if users who have Mac (with Intel Compiler) access can
give a test with the issue I reported and the solution.

Thank you all for going through with me on this issue and great patience.

Best regards,

Jianxin