[Wien] GGA+SO for AFM NiO

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Wed Feb 8 11:54:02 CET 2012

On 8 Feb 2012 10:40:01 bruce.tian wrote:
> SO. everything is ok. Then I ran SCF with SO and I got error message
> forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 5, file
> /home/lapw/NiO-test1/NiO-test1.inso
From here you can see that an error is in the file case.inso.
Namely:
>  NX                           number of atoms for which RLO is added
>  NX1   -4.97      0.0005      atom number,e-lo,de (case.in1), repeat NX
NX is zero, I guess, in your case. The next line should be repeated zero
times. So your file has to look like:
 WFFIL
  4  1  0                      llmax,ipr,kpot
  -10.0000   1.50000           emin,emax (output energy window)
 0.  0.  1.                 direction of magnetization (lattice vectors)
 0    NX                           number of atoms for which RLO is added
 0 0 0 0 0                    number of atoms for which SO is switch

The rest of your letter is not clear for me, especially
> If one does more iterations Energy will be a minus value

Best wishes
  Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 442118 (home), 218988(office), 250614(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
        lyuka17 at mail.ru
        lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su
Skype:  lyuka17, lyuka18