[Wien] mBJ + U

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 12 21:44:21 CET 2012

mBJ is too "weak" to act sufficiently on the localized 4f states.

So most likely "mBJ + U" gives the better solution, but probably the U
should be smaller than in LDA+U, because mBJ already shifts the f-states
a bit.

Why should mBJ + SO not work ?
Maybe the standard kinetic energy density is ill defined when SO is
added, but I'd expect it should still be possible ...