[Wien] generating dispersion over the full Brillouin zone

Anna Toth totha at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 13 20:21:03 CET 2012

Dear Prof. Blaha, dear WIEN2k Users,

I have 2 questions for you:

#1  It seems that in every WIEN2k output file, like case.qtl or
case.energy(so), only k-vectors in the "irreducible wedge"
of the Brillouin zone are generated.   Is there a program/script
that generates the whole Brillouin zone together with the dispersion
out of these files?   I would need this to be able to use openDX for
plotting derivatives of the dispersions on the Fermi surfaces in 3D.

#2  For 2D Fermi surface generation, I tried to use what's in section 8.20
(p. 157) in the userguide, and I get somewhat stuck at the last step.
I was not able to make out what is the data format in files fort.1?.
The file fort.11 has uneven number of lines in its 5 columns. There's only
2 numbers in its last line (instead of 5).  What's the reason for this?
What are the columns?

Thank you for the answers in advance.

Best regards,

Anna Toth