[Wien] supercell

Parker, David S. parkerds at ornl.gov
Fri Feb 17 20:09:09 CET 2012

Saba, generally if I am running a system that is not big, such as the Heuslers or supercells thereof, 2000 k points in the full BZ is enough. For bigger systems the number of k-points will be limited by your patience and access to parallel computing resources, but for a basic scf calc I very rarely use more than 2000 k points. I have recently run an mBJ calculation on a structure that is a variant of the half-Heusler. without problems.  There should be no problem running LSDA+so calcs as you ask, when I do these I often incorporate so from the start.  Best, David Parker