[Wien] Space group clarification

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Jan 9 20:46:46 CET 2012

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think w2web only takes R-3m
in rhombohedral.  So if you have a R-3m in hexagonal, you have to
convert your hexagonal structure to rhombohedral.  Then, input the
rhombohedral values into w2web for the R lattice.

Two methods you could use to convert:

1) use "hex2rhomb" script (in command line, not in w2web!) that comes
with Wien2k
     - See userguide page 40:
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf

or