[Wien] Space group clarification

puday at iitk.ac.in puday at iitk.ac.in
Wed Jan 11 07:44:42 CET 2012

Dear
Than you very much for your reply. But I am still in problem.

I tried to convert R3-m:hexagonal (166)to R3-m: rhombohedral(166) using
Bilbao Crystallographic Server.
Here I put the initial lattice parameters for space group 166 R3-m:h and
do Non-standard setting
166 R3-m:h
[a] [b] [c] [alpha] [beta] [gamma]
4.4313 4.4313 23.71 90 90 120
[type] [number] [WP] [x] [y] [z]
A 1 - 0 0 0
B 1 - 0 0 0.5
C 1 - 0 0 0.2351
After transforming I get an odd looking structure for the R3-m:r which is
not correct

166 R-3m:r
8.3071 8.3071 8.3071 30.94 30.94 30.94
3