[Wien] Magnetic moment for AFM configuration

sjalali at phys.ui.ac.ir sjalali at phys.ui.ac.ir
Wed Jan 25 22:22:11 CET 2012

Nobody can effectively comment on your problem using the given information.
But, thinking about the following questions may help you to find the source
of the problem yourself, if any.

Did you check whether the MMTOT could be smoothly converged to zero for the
bulk of the system? If you did, what was the number of iterations? For some
sensitive cases we should be more patient  (by decreasing the criterions and
increasing the number of iterations) to reach the zero value for the MMTOT.

What are the directions of the spins in the bulk form? Are these directions
parallel or perpendicular to the normal vector of the surface?

Are the symmetries (point groups) of spin up- and down-atoms  identical with
each other in your slab? How about the bulk form?

Are the DOSs of the inner layer in your surface calculations are similar to
the corresponding atoms in your bulk calculations?

Did you plot MMTOT and MMIxxxs  with respect to the number of layers?

Did you plot the MMTOT and MMIxxxs  as a function of vacuum thickness?

Did not you expect to be destroyed the AFM magnetic ordering of the bulk by
the surface effect?

Sincerely yours,

S. Jalali

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Saeid Jalali Asadabadi,

Department of Physics, Faculty of Science,

University of Isfahan (UI), Hezar Gerib Avenue,

81744 Isfahan, Iran.

Phones:

Dep. of Phys.   :+98-0311-793 2435

Office                  :+98-0311-793 4176

Fax No.              :+98-0311-793 4800

E-mail                 :sjalali at phys.ui.ac.ir

                             :sjalali at sci.ui.ac.ir

                             :sjalali at mailaps.org